About the La Playa Trail Association
Recent History and Future
The La Playa Trail Association was formed in 2005 to continue the work of the 1930's. There are 70 registered sites between Ballast Point and the Presidio. Our goal is to reconstruct, refurbish, and add new markers that identify historical sites along the trail. We are endeavoring to build a monument to the soldiers of Fort Rosecrans and securing a monument to the Gold Rush era cemetery at Old La Playa. Our goal is to reconstruct, refurbish, and add new markers that identify historical sites along the Trail along with educating the public about Point Loma's history.
The La Playa Trail Association gratefully recognizes the generosity of the following:
- The Ellen Browning Scripps Foundation
- The County of San Diego
- The City of San Diego
- Many generous individual donors
Projects of the La Playa Trail Association
- The refurbishment of the Midway Trail marker in 2006
- Construction and dedication of the new Roseville marker in 2010
- Construction and dedication of the 19c Chinese Fishermen's monument in 2012.