San Diego Mission Site
San Diego Mission
10818 San Diego Mission Road
San Diego, CA 92124
West side of visitor's parking lot
Originally established in 1769 on Presidio Hill, the mission moved to it's present location in 1774, the first of the chain of 21 California missions, founded by Fr. Junipero Serra.
Status of the Marker
The marker is still standing, and was refurbished by Boy Scout Troup 508.
La Playa Trail's
Fifth Historical Marker
The 5th La Playa Trail marker was dedicated on June 10, 1934, at the Mission San Diego, and was sponsored by the San Diego Historical Society and the Catholic Daughters of America.<-- Back: La Playa Site Next: Midway Marker -->